Share your knowledge about The Jungle Book. Edit the articles and improve this Wiki.
junglebook-collection.nl (not wiki)
To upgrade PmWiki:
0. If you're upgrading to a new major release (a release where the second number changes, as in going from 0.5.27 to 0.6.0), then carefully read the PmWiki:ReleaseNotes before performing an upgrade to see if there are any significant changes or preparation tasks that must be handled before performing the upgrade. Upgrading from a beta version of 2.0 is quite easy, but taking a look at the 2.0 PmWiki:ReleaseNotes doesn't hurt.
1. It's always a good idea to have a backup copy of your existing PmWiki installation before starting. You can copy the entire directory containing your existing installation, or you can just make copies of the wiki.d/ directory and any other local customization files you may have created (e.g., config.php, localmap.txt, etc.).
2. Download the version of PmWiki that you want from http://www.pmichaud.com/pub/pmwiki.
3. Extract the tar image using
4. Copy the files in
cp -a pmwiki-x.y.z/. pmwiki
Note that BSD systems will not not have the -a option as a command-line argument for cp, but that's okay, since it's just shorthand for cp -dpR, so use that instead of -a.
On (some) FreeBSD servers and Mac OS X systems you need to use
5. That's it! As long as you didn't make any customizations to the pmwiki.php script or to the files in scripts/, your PmWiki installation should continue to run correctly! (Local customizations should go in local/config.php)
Note: Additional tips can be found on the Troubleshooting page.